Updated 2nd April 2020
The Coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak is a rapidly developing situation. COVID-19 is already causing disruption to businesses and to people’s day-to-day lives and this is going to continue over the coming weeks and beyond. At James and Sons, we are following the government advice and taking precautions to prevent spread of the virus to our staff, clients, contractors, tenants and other stakeholders.
In order to minimise the risk to our staff and any potential business interruption, we are therefore having to change some of our procedures and services. Considering the most recent government advice, namely, not to undertake any non-essential contact and to avoid going out or to work unless essential, we are implementing the following changes with immediate effect:
- Visitors to the office: our office is temporarily closed to visitors.
- Phone calls: Calls will still be answered although the number of available lines is reduced. It is likely you will be asked to leave a message and the relevant member of staff will contact you as soon as possible. Staff can be contacted on mobiles as well, please also see below*
- Emails: Will be dealt with, although we are currently experiencing a high volume so there may be a delay in responding.
- Responsive repairs. These will continue as far as possible, although non-urgent repairs may be delayed. We will work with contractors, tenants, clients and all stakeholders to ensure all reasonable steps are taken in accordance with government guidelines. Residents are politely reminded that social distancing also applies to any contractors who may be attending your site to complete essential or emergency services.
- Gas safety tests: These will be instructed earlier to ensure enough opportunity for contractors to arrange appointments. If a tenant is in isolation, no access may be available for some weeks. We will arrange with contractors the earliest available opportunity to have tests carried out.
- Planned maintenance: all major works will continue as far as we are able.
- Property viewings. Postponed, unless urgent and can be undertaken with suitable social distancing. We will provide as many photographs and, where possible, videos for properties we are marketing.
We will be working hard to minimise any disruption to clients, but we ask for your patience and understanding at this time.
*Staff can be contacted on the following mobile numbers:
- Nicky Love 07752 173293
- Simon Walsham 07775 598699
- Peter Davy 07813 090708
For more information and latest advice for the public, please visit https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus-covid-19-information-for-the-public
Information specific to Businesses and Employers is at: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/guidance-to-employers-and-businesses-about-covid-19
We would thank you in advance for your understanding and cooperation during this unprecedented period. Please do not hesitate to contact any of the team at James and Sons if you have any concerns or further queries regarding this.